Monday, July 19, 2010

Happy Happy Day

11:00 p.m. Waiting for Dad. (Izaac is sleeping at a friend's house). Watching the plane touch down at McCord A.F.B. on the big screen. Watching Dad and the other soldiers turn in their weapons and do paperwork.
1:30 a.m. Conked out. Still waiting for Dad.


At last!! 5 minutes of formation and short speeches and then released to their families.


Not even Dad could wake him up...



Sleeping boys. Ellie cried. Mom and Dad couldn't do anything but smile! Hallelujah- it's over!!!
Getting reacquainted. Izaac is just barely warming up to Jaylon. He's made his dad work hard to win him over.



One of these days we'll get a good family picture with the patriotic clothes Mamie bought special for seeing Dad again.











5 comments:

  1. Ooooh I like these pictures, even with the boys sleeping! What a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jami, I am so glad he made it home safely. This was really awesome to see some of their homecoming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I am soo Happy for you- I can't believe we actually survived a whole freakin year without our Husbands- but we actually did it;0!!!! Those were beautiful pics and video- totally made me tear up! Can't wait to have you guys over when Dave get's home;)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking of you and had to get on you blog to see if your honey was home yet. I'm so glad he made it home safely. You did it, Jamie!!! Congrats and thank you from the bottom of my heart for the huge sacrafice you all made. YAAAAAYYYY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What precious pics, especially with Jay asleep in Jaylon's arms! So proud of you Jami for making it through a tough year--you are a strong woman!

    ReplyDelete