Sunday, November 15, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

I've wanted to take the kids to Northwest Trek since we moved here. On Veteran's Day we finally went and had a great time. It was cold but not raining so I can't complain. We saw lots of animals: owls, wolverines, elk, big horn sheep, lynx, mountain lions, grizzly bears, black bears, and many more.




I cut the strips and Ellie tied this fleece blanket for a humanitarian project for our stake. She was pretty proud of herself! I am really enjoying the extra help she gives me. She won't come within ten feet of the kitchen but I can't really blame her for that. The kitchen is a big black hole. She should avoid it as long as possible. The one time I made her help me with the dishes she was literally screaming and terrified that her skin would come into contact with anything yucky. That's when I realized that I have made them wash their hands too much. My kids are afraid to get dirty. Or maybe they're just really good at manipulating me. Probably both.





2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is really cool! I have never heard of that place before. I love the blanket, too! Too bad you can't keep it!j/k

    ReplyDelete