Sunday, November 29, 2009

Firsts

I think our house might have been the LAST in the U.S.A. to finally buy a big, modern, high definition television. We had our ancient (almost 10 years old) and tiny television up until black Friday. On that day we took a great leap forward and my very kind father-in-law waited in line at 5:00 in the morning for 2 hours to get me this beauty at a bargain. Am I excited? Yes. All I want to do now is watch movies and absorb the vivid new colors. (Yes- I am also a geek)!
Last week I competed in my VERY FIRST official race. The Ft. Lewis Turkey Trot. I ran the 10 K with my high school friend, Emmi. It was a blast! I can't believe I waited this long to enter a race. I placed 6th in my age division. I loved it so much that I signed up for another race in December. Izaac is still immobile. He screeches if he falls over and gets rescued so quickly by one of his siblings that he hasn't even begun to learn how to crawl. This is not a complaint. Just the opposite. I am so grateful that I don't have to baby-proof or chase him around yet. He is in the delightful stage of happily playing in one spot. Easy for me!

This child is driving me nuts. That's not a first. He is the male version of that poem, "when she was good she was very good and when she was bad she was horrid." We have good moments. Like when he gets out of bed for the umpteenth time to tell me he has "tons and tons of hugs for me." I will blame the bad moments on his complete lack of understanding as to why his Dad-his best buddy- has been gone for so long. After he hugs me he always tells me that he'd rather hug his Dad. Wouldn't we all.


Ellie has just lost her 4th tooth since Dad left. "All she wants for Christmas is..."
And I will follow up with more later...



3 comments:

  1. Way to go with the RACE- that is AWESOME!!!! I am loving the big TV- sweet!!! Those are really cute pics of the kids- super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jami--way to go on your 10k--we've got to do a race together! I love all the pictures--I'll call you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, 1)you're not the last--we still haven't gotten a cool tv, 2)that is so cool that you placed in a race and good for you that you are going to do another one! 3)Makena isn't crawling yet either because when I put her on her tummy, Keoni thinks it means he gets to wrestle, 4)At least when Jay gets out of bed he says something sweet to you--if Keoni said he had hugs for me when he got out of bed, I would melt!

    ReplyDelete