Saturday, June 12, 2010

Escape

Perhaps I was suffering from weather induced depression. I was. I loaded my kids up on a Tuesday and drove to Idaho. As soon as I crossed the border into Idaho I felt my spirits lift and I started smiling. The moment I felt genuinely happy was the moment I realized I have been depressed. And even though I love my parents and siblings and children- it had nothing to do with family and everything to do with seeing an endless sky and the sun shining and the fields rolling...no more dark clouds or suffocating trees to cage me in. I loaded my kids up and drove 9 hours by myself even though my mom was leaving the next day to take care of my sister and her new (gorgeous, creamy, chunky) Lovely Lyla. That's how much I needed to exit Washington. Can you sense the joy???









My "baby" brother Scott can boast the most pictures of himself. I think the same pattern is emerging in our family. I can't help myself. He is changing hourly and, well, I am absolutely enjoying every moment of his babyhood.

My dear Uncle Jon and Aunt Marilyn had us over for the day. We 4-wheeled and ate loads of yummy food and had the best time! Ellie was thrilled to drive herself.






Jay loved "going so fast my stomach hurt." I loved it too!











5 comments:

  1. I think we find joy in some similar things! :) My first winter in northern Idaho, I didn't realize I was depressed until the spring came and I remembered what happiness felt like! Also, after going to TN in March, I decided what I love is blue sky and being able to see around me. I think my dream piece of property would be a big green field in a place with lots of sunshine and big, puffy clouds! :) Maybe a few trees for a little bit of shade. Glad you got to have a bit of a vacation! Your family is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool four-wheeling pics! What is the first picture of?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these candid photographs! I am so in love with these children! I wish we had kids at the same time. Have another one. Little Z is daaaarling. They are all getting so big and grown up! Depression is lame and so powerful. I heard that if you re-evaluate your routine and find a new passion that helps you get out of funks and depression phases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Jami
    We hope you had a good day and loved having you and your sweeet kiddies over!
    We love you and think about you each day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish we were there! Looks like you guys had a much needed break! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete