Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Birthday Girl

Our feisty, tough, funny, aggravatingly intelligent, beautiful little girl is 8 years old. She has amazed us from day 1. This year she has read the entire Harry Potter series in less than 5 months, run 155 laps at school (38 miles), and lost 6 teeth (also in 5 months). If I want company, she'll hang out with me at night and tell me funny stories about her day. I adore my daughter and am so proud of her...I am so grateful to be her mother. I (once again) weaseled my way out of a full-blown birthday party and bribed her with extra activities for keeping it low key. She chose Chuck-E-Cheese (every other day of the year I say NO!) and then I took her and a friend over to get "up-dos."



Before
After





Ellie had a very happy day and felt very loved with all of the phone calls and (thank-you) Mamie and Papa and Jen and Katie for sending her treats and gifts!
Ellie will be baptized by her Dad in March when he comes home for a few weeks.






5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ellie!!!!!
    The updo is Adorable- great party ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun day! Glad Ellie had such a good time! She was so excited when we talked to her on the phone. Loved her hair! Happy Birthday again!

    Ps: I was looking for that sequin bag when I was home! That's mine! . . . oh well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy you are a stinker! You were not looking for that bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellie Belly,
    You are so beautiful, I love and miss you so much. Happy Birthday again.
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Ellie! So glad you had a fun day! Your hair looks sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete