Sunday, February 14, 2010

Spring Soccer: Jay, a.k.a. SOCCER STAR

Spring Soccer is a misnomer. February in the Puget Sound is Winter. Not Spring. But that's o.k. because the boys LOOOOOOOVE soccer. I signed Jay up for his very first official season and he has asked me every single day during the past month if it was time for soccer yet. Saturday was his first game and it was a hoot. Izaac was a great sport about suffering through 2 hours in the rain to watch his brothers play. Jay and his best bud, Charlie got tangled up and face planted in the mud. No tears. He was having way too much fun to be bothered by a little mud. This is the same child who cries if his hands get sticky.

Grinning the ENTIRE game.







Jax also played in his first game but (long story short) I missed the first half and so didn't get any pictures. He'll be featured in the next soccer post. He made a fantastic stop when he was playing goalie and after the game he said, "Mom- next time you have to make Ellie watch my game. I was totally awesome out there." And he really was. He almost made two goals but "there were always 4 blue guys on me." I'm surprised at how excited I get when I watch my kids play soccer...I now understand my dad's crazy behavior at my brothers and sisters games/meets. And I am so excited for Jaylon to come home and see the kids play soccer in a few weeks (maybe 2, maybe 3, maybe 5- the army keeps us guessing)!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh- those are the cutest pics!!! That is soo adorable that the boys are Soccer rockstars!!!! Can't wait for you to have your hubby home to enjoy it too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the kids are doing great! I LOVE soccer, too. It really is so exciting to watch the kids play! February soccer? Outdoors? That is insane. We are playing indoor soccer right now. Outdoor soccer does not exist here at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh we LOVE soccer! Little Jay cracks me up i just want to squeeze his cute little face, mud and all!! We are really looking forward to our trip in March, hope we get to watch a couple of games while we are there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the muddy face picture should be framed.

    YAY soccer stars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every picture I see of Jay looks so amazing--he looks like a little model! That is so cool that Jax did so well! Will they still have soccer in April? Keoni would love to watch!

    ReplyDelete