Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Life this Week

We've had a t.v. stand for almost ten years but a few weeks ago the doors broke off. I decided that I didn't have time to screw the doors back on. That would be too much work. So instead I went to Walmart and bought a new t.v. stand. This is what I found when I opened the box: I spent 4 1/2 hours getting through the first 6 steps on the first night. I nearly cried when I opened the booklet to discover that I had 18 steps to go.
Twelve hours, 1,000 screws (maybe a little less) 50 nails, buckets of sweat and blood later...

I have never built anything this complicated. I feel almost as proud of myself as I did after delivering Izaac without so much as an advil. Though both of these "accomplishments" were a direct result of my own stupidity. Live and learn, eh?
In less than a week:
Izaac will get to be hugged by his Daddy again!


In less than a week:
Jax and Jay will get to hold Daddy's hand.

In less than a week:
I get to look at him, stand next to him, hug him, smell him and rediscover life as a complete family. I can hardly wait. Pray for our soldier to travel safely and swiftly home.






6 comments:

  1. wow, the stand is really nice! good job! i'm pretty sure it would have been easier to just screw on the old doors though. . . just saying. i really like it though! we're so happy jaylon is coming home for a bit! enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Jamie. When you get bored, you could hire out as a top notch carpenter.
    We are so happy you will all see Jaylon soon. We do pray for his safety every day. Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new stand. Way to go. I am so glad Jaylon will be home for a while. Have a wonderful visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- I am IMPRESSED! You actually did it- way to go!!! I would be very proud too;) It looks gorgeous! I can't believe he is finally home on Monday- Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jami--Soak up every second you have with him and be selfish!!!
    (and call me after) -Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jami, that is one of the best posts ever! I love that you finished the tv stand and feel proud--it looks great! And I love that you all get to spend 2 weeks with Jaylon! Hope every moment is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete