Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hello and Goodbye

I don't trust myself to sound like anything except a pathetic country western whine- so I'm going to let the pictures do (most) of the talking. 1st Night home: Celebrating Izaac's birthday

Say bye-bye to his little curls. Dad cut his hair a few days later. NO mullets allowed in this house.




Baptism Day. A little hectic. I really regret not getting pictures of Mamie and Papa or one with Ellie and both of her parents would have been nice.

Ski get-away at Crystal Mountain. Lovely. Relaxing. Refreshing. Heavenly.


Played lots of soccer. Watched lots of soccer.
Jay wouldn't let him out of sight and constantly wanted Dad to hold him.


Getting reaquainted. They liked each other after a few days.
Roasting s'mores on the beach.

Fire is always a big hit in this family.

The zoo.


We also bowled, went swimming, went to the movies, played lots of Wii, went on a few dates, Jaylon took Ellie shooting (she loves guns now), went running and ate too much.


Here are a few more images for you: Re breaking a leg. Getting drop kicked into the ocean. Big hammy fist in the gut. Ripping heart out of body (think Indiana Jones). Saying goodbye again was an exercise in agony- but totally worth it to see him. And for those of you who might be tempted to tell me that I'm "on the down slide slope" or "only 4 months to go" well...it's kind of like pregnancy. It gets more painful and time goes more slowly and you get more miserable as time goes on and on and on. I guess I lied. Welcome to my country western song.














5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you had a wonderful time with Jaylon. You look so happy. Hang in there (sorry) and remember that we are all here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing you warned me, because I was THIS CLOSE to saying, "you're on the downhill slope, only 4 more months!" But, since I can't relate to the rest of your life, that pregnancy thing really resonated. :)

    I'm so glad you got to be together again! You all deserved it so much. Any time I thought about you I just felt happy. But then, on the bad day, every time I thought about you I turned into a basket-case.

    I love all of the pictures. Everyone looks so peaceful and happy. I especially love the bottom picture--I wasn't suprised to see it as your header. It's perfect.

    Can't wait to talk to you soon! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks really good! Everyone does look so happy and at peace with Jaylon around. I'm so glad everyone enjoyed their short time together and all the new memories were made to hold onto until you hold him in your arms again. Be happy sister. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom let me look at this. Hope that's OK. I love the pictures of your cute family. What a happy thing to have Jaylon home and I'm sure it was SO hard to see him go. Here's to time going REALLY fast the next few months. CUTE family. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful in those pictures and what a bunch of cute pictures of your family. I'm so sorry he's gone again and so glad you had a little time with him. When are we going to get together again. It should be soon. I'd love to talk with you. -Emmi

    ReplyDelete