Sunday, April 4, 2010

Gratitude

I was feeling rather dark and dreary after Jaylon left...but luckily I'm back to my (mostly always) cheerful self. Thus the change from the black background to the happy spring background. (Ok ok, I'll admit it- I'm also superstitious enough to hope my sunny background will bring the sun and warmth back to Washington. Hopelessly optimistic, I know). Tonight I have been thinking about the amazing friends and family I've been blessed with through the years- and especially this year when I've really needed that support. There have been countless occasions over the past 8 months when my burdens have become weightless from something as simple as a phonecall or an email or a visit. I am so grateful for my friends and neighbors and family. I never would have thought that I could still be happy while missing Jaylon so much- but thanks to dear dear friends and family- I have been mostly happy all of the time. God has been so kind and merciful to me and to my family and He has surrounded us with a literal army of earthly angels. My heart is full to overflowing.

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are feeling better. Keep it up. I love your new bright and cheery background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, We are so proud of your positive attitude and courage. I know how hard it must be to have full responsibilty of your children. But I know there are "Angels" round about to cheer you and protect you. Jaylon too.
    We love you. That is such a cute picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so amazed at you. I check out your blog often and usually have tears after. Your kids are so cute. When you have endured through this time I know from experience you will look back and know that you were literally carried through it. There is hardly a day that I don't think about you and your cute family and we pray everyday for your safe reunion.
    Love ya,
    Aunt Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE your little angels in the picture!! You have most definately been watched over and i am so grateful also for the angels who have surrounded you this past year you have been blessed indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. one word to describe you: ROCKSTAR.

    ReplyDelete