Friday, May 14, 2010

Laughing Later


Lately I've been having a lot of those "someday I'll laugh about this" moments. You know- the ones that really ARE NOT funny right now. The ones that make you physically ill and age you a couple years in one day. Those kind. I seem to get those as soon as I start feeling o.k. about life...as soon as I start to feel in control...like being a single parent really isn't so bad. Like 4 kids isn't too much to handle. Like having my husband in an unstable, war torn, 3rd world country is a piece of cake...I mean, we have skype so I can't complain!! I guess with the warm sun I was starting to feel too happy so KARMA knocked me down a peg or two or three. Whatever. Someday I'll laugh about my baby holding his breath and going rigid and then passing out several times a week. Someday I'll laugh about my 5 month old t.v. getting broken by the children. Someday I'll laugh about walking downstairs in my towel to find a male stranger standing in my doorway (courtesy of Jay). And someday I'll laugh about getting out of the shower and finding my 3 year old gone and the front door unlocked. Someday. But not today. No. Today I'm going to ruin my diet and eat some Haagen Daz and watch a few hours of The Office (on the COMPUTER) and try to regain my perspective and my peace. And when those fixes don't work I'll go to bed and hope tomorrow is better.

5 comments:

  1. I'll just laugh for you right now. You'll laugh once they are in their twenties or married or post mission, which ever comes first. How did they break your television? I think you should eat Ben and Jerries Half Baked. MY FAVORITE!!!!! You're doing a good job, don't worry. Jaylon will be home in no time! Have you been watching Parenthood lately? LOVE IT. I've heard Design by 9 is really good too. Watched Valentine's Day last night. It was okay. I watch all my stuff online though, so it's okay if you don't have a television to watch with. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a son who would pass out like that. It scared me to death at first. He's 25 now. (Wow I feel old!) I do feel for you. What a hard thing to go through. Hopefully the time will go fast from now until your hubby comes home!
    Sandy Watson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! When it rains it poors! Here's to a new week for you!!! Personally, I think you deserve at least one or two more ice creams. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He gets that "HOLDING BREATH" thing from his Grandma. It's HARD raising a family. But trust me, it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your support...we need all the help we can get these days!!

    ReplyDelete