Saturday, September 12, 2009

Baths and Jammies

Dear Jaylon,
You wondered if Izaac's body was as chubby as his cheeks. You be the judge. I think he patterns Jax and Jay and (let's face it) YOU in that his head is a bit bigger than the rest of him. That's ok. We know big heads hold big brains, right? If I could I would send you his sweet baby-after-bath smell. He is starting to outgrow his bath. Izaac still isn't a champion at rolling over but he's very good at putting his foot in his mouth. He takes after me that way!
The boys are sporting their new jammies from Mamie. Can you see the fear on Izaac's face? He knows he's in danger between those two wild ones.


It was so nice to talk to you tonight. It almost felt like you were just down the street or something. Today while the kids were being babysat I walked into a terriyaki place I'd never been to before. I thought it was fast food but it was actually a sit down restaurant. I felt kind of silly sitting there by myself so I changed my mind and told the lady to give me take-out instead. After I got my food I went and sat on the sidewalk next to our car and ate my food while I read a book and rocked Izaac in the stroller. It was ok. But then I thought about how many more Saturdays I'll be sitting by myself eating take-out and boy...that was the wrong thought. So I quickly went back to my coping world- which is to take it moment by moment and day by day and not think too far ahead. Taken like that it's ok that I was spending an hour by myself reading and eating. It's a good thing I usually have friends to go out with because I don't think I ever want to get used to eating in restaurants by myself. I still have laundry to fold and put away and a school newsletter to write...and a green goblin to sterilize since Jay threw it in the toilet after he (the green goblin) lost his head... so I'd better say goodnight. I love you.


1 comment:

  1. I am so sad. When I left he fit in his tub with extra room, coudn't roll over or put his foot in his mouth. His head isn't so big though. He is very good looking baby boy.

    ReplyDelete