Wednesday, September 16, 2009

When Life Gives You Apples...

We skipped church and decided to go to a cider festival instead. Who knew that an ENTIRE orchard of apples could be picked over in 90 minutes?
{Greedy pickers}
We wandered the orchard and eventually found a lucky tree with lots of apples. Before we found this tree it sounded more like an Easter Egg hunt. Lots of searching and an occasional shout, "I found one!" That's ok. Fortunately it doesn't take much to entertain children and once we found our golden tree the kids went to town and I came home with loads and loads of apples. The whole point of this exercise was to make cider. However, the line to make cider was longer than Disneyland. No kidding. Hours and hours long. So what do I do with all of these apples and no husband to eat pie with me? Thank goodness for friends! As we were searching we came across this tantalizing, loaded tree. Off limits. Talk about forbidden fruit. I'll admit it...my integrity was tested.







We had a lovely, sunshiny day.




1 comment:

  1. What a bunch of cute kids... how fun picking apples in the orchard.. Jan

    ReplyDelete